Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stitch


What a week! Last weekend I went to Chicago for a teacher's meeting. I got home about 6:30 on Saturday night, hoping to have a fun evening with my family. Matt met me in the driveway and said that there was an accident and we might have to go to the hospital. For a brief moment I panicked, then he told me what happened. Britt is very competitive with the Wii. She was playing tennis on the Wii and Courtney walked in front of her and hit her on her eyebrow and check. Matt said there was a lot of blood and crying. We had no clue about stitches so we took her over to the Dean's(they have experience with stitches)to see if they thought she needed stitches(They said no). Then I took her to La Gondola to pick up supper and the workers thought she should get stitches. Then I called a friend who was a nurse and she said that since it was still bleeding (over an hour), she should go to the ER. So Matt took her to the ER and three hours later, she came home with one stitch. She was so good the whole time. Yesterday we got it taken out and she told the doctor that she wanted two stickers; one for her and one for her sister. What a lesson in forgiveness!


As far as the resolutions are going, I have not worked out in a couple of weeks and Britt asked me the other day if her bottom goes up and down when she walks like mine does. I probably should get going on the hip hop abs workout.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh, no...she didn't ask that?! That is funny! That is at least the second person I have heard of getting hurt playing that game, it must be dangerous! :) Glad Courtney is doing well and has forgiven her sister. So sweet!

The Deans said...

Correction...the Deans have experience with cuts. The kids have never had stitches (knock on wood) That is why we thought you would be fine. We were never given stitches and Max's cuts have all looked worse than hers. Glad she is OK though!

Terrace Crawford said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.